- To encourage student and recent graduate participation in the ISPO Student Poster Competition through the presentation of research and clinical posters.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary institution or graduated from a post-secondary institution in 2018 related to the study area of prosthetics and/or orthotics such as, but not limited to: prosthetics, orthotics, rehabilitation, engineering, or robotics. Proof of attendance is required and to be reviewed by the scientific committee.
- Students must attend the RehabWeek/ISPO Conference (as ISPO Canada Registrants) to participate in the competition
- Students must submit a structured abstract of no more than 300 words for a research or clinical poster via the online submission system by Friday, March 1, 2019.
- Clinical Innovation Posters: May include new clinical approaches, case studies, application of new technology, and embedding of outcomes into practice. Clinical abstracts are strongly encouraged to include the following headers: Background, Description of Case/Approach/Technology, Outcomes, and Implications for Practice.
- Research Posters: May include results or protocols for prosthetics and orthotics related research. Research posters are strongly encouraged to include the following headers: Background, Objectives, Methods, Discussion, and Results.
- Abstracts submitted will be reviewed by ISPO Canada Scientific Committee according to the criteria below for acceptance to the RehabWeek/ISPO Conference.
- Students will present their posters to a minimum of two judges at the conference event.
- Designated awards for Best Abstract (determined prior to the conference) and Best Poster Presentation (determined at the conference).
- Abstracts will be judged by pairs (clinician and researcher) based on the following criteria:
- Scientific or clinical excellence
- Clarity of presentation
- Novelty of research or clinical approach
- Presentations will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Poster presentation (i.e. poster aesthetics)
- Completeness, precision and succinctness of oral presentation (2 minutes)
- Knowledgeable responses to questions
- Best Abstract: The top abstracts will receive funding to cover costs associated with attendance at RehabWeek/ISPO including registration, travel, and accommodation.
- Best Poster Presentation: The top scoring posters will receive funding to cover costs associated with attendance at RehabWeek/ISPO including registration, travel, and accommodation.