- Client Resources
- Education and Training
- Internet Resources
- Research and Development
- The War Amps – The War Amps is a Canadian nation-wide registered charitable organization operated under the direction of war amputees. Programs include Key Tag Service, Address Label Service, CHAMP Program for child amputees, PLAYSAFE safety message from child amputees to other children, DRIVESAFE to promote safe driving to prevent injuries due to accidents, JUMPSTART to provide computer training for multiple amputee children, Matching Mothers introduces a CHAMP family to the parents of a new amputee, and The National Amputee Centre to provide Canadian amputees with the latest information on artificial limbs and all aspects of amputation.
- Amputee Dot Ca – A resource for Canadian amputees with many links.
- Amputee Coalition of America – A national, non-profit amputee consumer educational organization representing people who have experienced amputation or are born with limb differences.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) – The main web site for the Western Canada prosthetic and orthotic education program (1 of 3 programs in Canada).
- Centre for Biomedical Engineering – Offers a wide range of consultancy services in the area of biomedical engineering and medical technology, including training programs in the area of Prosthetics, Orthotics and Biomechanics.
- College Mérici: Techniques d’orthèses et de prothèses orthopédiques – Canadian prosthetics and orthotics school, located in Québec, with training in french (1 of 3 programs in Canada).
- David M. Thompson, M.Ed., P.T. – Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. Courses and Teaching concerning Dynamics of Human Motion; Gait Analysis, Prosthetics, and Orthotics.
- George Brown College: Prosthetic and Orthotic Programs – The main web site for the Ontario prosthetic and orthotic education program (1 of 3 programs in Canada).
- Latrobe U. (National Centre for Prosthetics and Orthotics) – Australian P&O school. Description, research activities, news, and other links.
- National Centre for Training and Education in Prosthetics and Orthotics (U. of Strathclyde) – Educational information and access to the RECAL literature database.
- Northwestern University’s Prosthetic – Orthotic Centre (NUPOC) – Education information.
- University of Salford – Description of the U of Salford P&O school.
- NCOPE – The National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education is the accreditation body for the orthotics and prosthetics profession in the United States.
- Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics – An on-line version of JPO starting from 1989.
- Canadian Prosthetics and Orthotics Journal – An international peer-reviewed open access journal established in Ottawa, Canada in 2017 that promotes unrestricted access to articles for prosthetics and orthotics professionals, researchers, and rehabilitation teams.
- Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development – An on-line version of JRRD.
- O&P Online – Lots and lots of links plus discussion groups, journals, company info, and US related content. Host site for the OANDP listserv.
- Orthopaedic Web Links – Includes many links to Orthopaedic surgery topics.
- Prosthetics and Orthotics International – Prosthetics and Orthotics International is an international, multidisciplinary journal for all professionals who have an interest in the medical, clinical, rehabilitation, technical, educational and research aspects of prosthetics, orthotics and rehabilitation engineering, as well as their related topics.
- ISPO (International) – Main ISPO home page.
- American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (AOPA) – A good start-off point for USA prosthetics and orthotics information.
- OPC – Main page for Orthotics Prosthetics Canada
- List of organizations associated with Prosthetics & Orthotics – AAOP, COPA , FAOP, ISPO, NAAOP, NAF, NPOLF, UASA.
- National Association for the Advancement of Orthotics and Prosthetics – Provides info about NAAOP, their mission, Written Testimony of NAAOP regarding Fraud and Abuse, a Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities Position on Medicare Reform and more.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Institute for Rehabilitation Research and Development (Ottawa, Canada) – Various prosthetic and orthotic research initiatives.
- O & P Research – Lists sites (not located on the O&P Online server) that provide valuable information about current research in Orthotics and Prosthetics.
- Rancho Rehabilitation Engineering Program – Research and development projects related to children.
- Roessingh Research and Development – Research and development site in Enschede (Netherlands).
- Delft Institute of Prosthetics and Orthotics – Part of the BioMechanical Engineering Department of the Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime, and Materials Engineering at the Delft University of Technology. Goal is to develop and provide innovative prostheses and orthosis for the upper extremity.
- U. of Twente’s Laboratory for Biomechanical Engineering – Overview and research projects.
- Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire en réadaptation du Montréal métropolitain/Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation and Social Participation (CRIR) – CRIR’s ambition is to better meet the needs of people of all ages with a physical disability. Its mission is “to optimize the functional capacity, performance, participation and social inclusion of people living with physical disabilities through research in the domains of biomedical and psychosocial rehabilitation”.
- Canadian MSK Rehab Research Network -This Canadian national network of researchers, collaborators, and knowledge users aims strengthen musculoskeletal research by: funding pilot grants and trainee awards; creating platforms for researchers to share data nationally and for conducting studies at multiple centres; developing innovative ways to deliver musculoskeletal rehab using technology and new discoveries; and attracting larger funding and more extensive partnerships between researchers, community stakeholders and industry.
- Rehabilitation Engineering Design Lab (REDLab) – The BCIT REDLab aims to develop novel solutions that improve and expand activities of daily living and community participation for people with disabilities.